Quell 4D Press Kit
About Quell 4D
Combining the awesome immersion of VR with retro-inspired, high-octane gun play and a sweet art style turned out pretty cool. The result is Quell 4D. A gruesomely sweet single player adventure where the player takes on the role of Murderman, an elite soldier sent on a secret mission to destroy a great and ancient threat.
At the Lagoreatory, secret gene experiments have gotten out of control and it’s your mission to put an end to this mess. Along with your trusted scientist side-kick, Rooster, you need to fight your way to the center of the Lagoreatory and take out whoever is leading the army of mutants.
So lay waste to the Slug Army, spread terror among the Ratfox ranks and waste some Double-Trunked Elephant Enforcers.
- Finally play the VR FPS-game you thought of when you fantasized about VR back in 1996.
- Be Murderman, a war veteran who lost his legs and now must ride a slime beast to get around.
- Explore ‘The Lagoreatory’ with Rooster, your scientist side kick on orders by Mr President to quell an outbreak of mutated gene experiments.
- Battle adversaries ranging from pesky Ratfox Marines and Ninjas, to Slug Drones, Beefcakes and Ancient Triple Trunked Elephant Necro Shamans.
- A locomotion mechanic consisting of an omni-directional Slime Mount named ‘Mucus’, a carrot and a stick. One of your controllers is completely in charge of locomotion which we’ve found to be more comfortable than touch pad locomotion. Simply point your controller in the direction you want to go and hold the trigger.
- Your other hand is reserved only for fragging…
- Uncasual and unforgiving. The game is actually hard, and you will have to focus and manage your resources.
- Unique art style for this type of game, and probably the most gruesome VR game to date.
- Single player campaign of 10 handcrafted non-procedurally generated maps.
- Six guns, tailored for different situations. Remember to switch weapons often, like in the old days.
- Three intricate bosses with unique mechanics, expect some really intense firefights in proper bullet hell fashion.
- Development will go on for a while after release with some extra free content coming as we decide on where to take the game next.